December 30, 2008

Sibu Trip - Christmas Eve Church Service

Like what we did last year, we went to Wesley again for the Christmas Eve service. In anticipation of a full house, we were there early. I was able to find a good seat to take photos.

The Sanctuary was warm and impressive (WMC underwent extensive renovations), unlike what we saw last year. The acoustics was clear and crisp with no feedback. More importantly I can feel God's love and grace in this beautiful church.

Celebrating its golden anniversary this year, Wesley is one of the most distinguished and oldest Methodist churches in Sarawak.

Here are some of the photos I took.

This young man is a good pianist.

The famous Wesley choir. As expected, they performed well.

This is one of my favourite photos. Spontaneously shot through a glass wall separating the Sanctuary and the Cry Room. The cute girl was one of the "lambs" from the Sunday School waiting for her turn to perform. Isn't she adorably sweet? After that, she refused to a second pose and shied away. xD

The Sunday School children gave an outstanding performance their teachers and parents would be so proud of! It was a priviledge for me to capture the special moments on camera!


The service ended with everyone lighting up a candle and singing. Note the warmness of the Sanctuary when the lights dimmed. It was an evening my family and I enjoyed thoroughly.

4 comments:

James Bourne said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
GOD bless you and your family.

James TC Wong said...

Thanks for dropping by Mr Bourne. May God bless and keep you and your family always!

Bengbeng said...

Benghui was very disappointed I didnt attend his performance. I will look into yr pics closer to see if he is there. If I got a pic I will make a photo n frame it. he was wearing one of the sheep costumes, with white pants n top

sorry i couldnt attend the bloggers meet. happy new year

Bengbeng said...

thanks for the pics. he wasn't there. :) just his luck his dad wasn't around :)