July 25, 2008

Small Group at SMCGC

Last night Aaron and Abel went to rehearse the Celebration Sunday music worship with fellow musicians at Senadin Methodist Campus Gospel Centre (SMCGC). I tagged along (never mind missing my Korean series) because I've always enjoyed visiting SMCGC. Also I wanted to give moral support to the worship team - they are so dedicated to giving their best on the grand finale (Aug 10) of the 40 DOP.

Before 8:00pm, Irene Chee (a 40 DOP Small Group leader) turned up - I was surprised to see her because I knew she's not in the music worship team. That meant there was to be a Small Group session that I wasn't aware of. Earlier Soon Leong (the Music Worship Leader at SMCGC) had confirmed with me that there would be no other activities at the centre. Pastor Connie arrived shortly thereafter and invited me to join them for the group study. Of course I accepted without hesitation!

There were only four of them with Irene as the leader.

This was the smallest Group that I have attended so far.

Immediately this verse flashed across my mind:

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20 NIV

Small and beautiful - small the group may be, I found them to be closely-knitted and sharings were from their hearts! I truly enjoyed their session - praise the Lord! Thanks to Irene, Pastor Connie, Joseph Chew and Mann Zone for a blessed evening!

Aiya - didn't bring my camera - opportunity lost for a group photo in this posting!

P/s On the way home in the car I asked Aaron whether he enjoyed the rehearsal - he said it was not a rehearsal; it was a fellowship - an awesome fellowship he hadn't experienced for a long time!

No comments: