December 31, 2008

Sibu Trip - Bloggers Meet

Dec 27 - Through the coordination of Philip, five bloggers met and dined together for the first time at Cafe Pamelia in Premier Hotel.

When I first knew that I would in Sibu for the Christmas holidays, I contacted Bengbeng and suggested a meet-up with Sibu bloggers. Of course he agreed but unfortunately he mentioned that he would be away and therefore arranged with Philip to coordinate.

Roseline and I were also very priviledged to meet Steve, Victor and Yan. After the initial introduction and pleasantries, I found that our new friends have typical Foochow traits; they were so warm and friendly! Roseline with Yan, who insisted on buying dinner even before the order was taken! Thanks Yan, we are waiting for you to visit us in Miri so we can reciprocate your hospitality. Not much attention was focussed on the food when the main topic was on blogging and photography. LOL! The food was okay in general; I ordered chicken drummets. And teh tarik. Roseline ordered pan-fried fish. Unfortunately it was over-cooked. Steven ordered fried noodles. The half-dozen sandwiches seemed to overwhelm appetites! Our gathering went well and we looked forward to meeting with more bloggers the next round.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinner was on Yan? Haiya...I missed that! Sob! Sob! LOL!!!

Suituapui

Anonymous said...

Happy new year James. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you James. Please come to Sibu again! Happy New Year!